"The Course of True Love never did run smooth." - William Shakespeare

Written to be read from the beginning for full effect (Thurs, Nov 4, 2010) :)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

After Donovan's death.

Arianna comes across a love letter, never before discovered.


My Dearest Ari,

I'm so sorry. -If only there were some way that I could help you understand.

I do not wish to rationalize my behavior. I know that I was wrong. And I think somewhere I've known it all along. I have just refused to recognize it.

My flesh overruled my heart, and where I thought I would find fulfillment I was found wanting even more instead.

-How could I ever ask you to forgive me? When all was well with me I forsook you and knew not how much you had become a part of me. Now, all I thought I loved has been taken from me and I recognize that what remains, even after all these years, is You.

The emptiness was always there without You. In truth, I think it always will be. Now, more than I ever was before, I am ready to be whole. And now I know that it is You I need beside me in order to accomplish it. But now, I fear, for me it is too late.

It is not you, Ari, who is undeserving of me. It is I, that will ever-be taking two steps forward and falling another step back treading in the footsteps of your shadow.

Yours -If you will have me- And, I fear, Yours Even Still if you will not,

Donny

No comments:

Post a Comment